A workshop with Queensland industry, government and researchers was held in December 2015 to reality-test the concept of the ‘water-energy-food nexus’. Read the report here.
Relevant publications on water-energy-food nexus research:
- UQ Water Forum 2016 WEFSA
- Water-energy-carbon links in households and cities: a new paradigm (Kenway, 2015)
- European Water, energy and food security research platform
- Australia is ‘free to choose’ economic growth and falling environmental pressures (Nature, 2015)
- Australia's energy productivity plan promises more bang for our buck, but lacks commitment (The Conversation, 2016)
- Embodied water and energy (Morelli, 2016)
- Springer Publishing special edition on energy-water-food nexus
- Queensland’s 30-year energy strategy
This is intended to be an alliance of stakeholders from across industry, government and academia who seek to collaborate and exchange ideas in a community of practice. There is no cost to be involved. For news, invitations to workshops, publications and more, email Alliance Secretariat Dr Nina Hall at the UQ Global Change Institute.